Diocesan Convention is the big annual meeting of the Episcopal Diocese of Maine. It is held in October.
There are usually three different ways that teens can serve at convention:
- Some congregations have elected a Teenager as a Regular Delegate. If teen delegates wants to room with other teens, contact Jane Hartwell at email@example.com.
- Teens in high school through age 20 can apply to be among the eight Diocesan Youth Representatives who will sit with their congregations and serve with voice, not vote at convention.
• Who can apply? Baptized members of Episcopal congregations who are either in high school or younger than age 21.
• How to apply? Fill out the online Diocesan Youth Representative nomination form, which will be available later. The nomination form can be submitted by the young person, priest, or lay person. A brief supporting email from your priest is also required.
Nominations for Diocesan Youth Reps are usually due Sept. 26:
• The selection committee will choose up to eight representatives. All applicants will be notified within a week after the deadline.
• The congregation and priest should prepare the youth, encourage him/her to attend pre-convention hearings and mentor her/him during convention.
• The diocese will provide meals and pay the registration fee. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find more convention information about convention, go to episcopalmaine.org