Diocesan Convention is the big annual meeting of the Episcopal Diocese of Maine. It is held on a Saturday in October. There will also be a special Convention in winter 2019 to elect a new Bishop of Maine.
There are different ways that teens can serve at convention or the special convention:
- You can be elected by your church as a Delegate to convention from your church.
- Teens in high school through age 20 can apply to be among the eight Diocesan Youth Representatives who will sit with their congregations and serve with voice, not vote at convention.
• Who can apply? Baptized members of Episcopal congregations who are either in high school or younger than age 21.
• How to apply? Fill out the online Diocesan Youth Representative nomination form, which are usually due in September. A brief supporting email from your priest is also required. You will sit with your church’s delegation, and be mentored by them.
• The diocese will provide meals and pay the registration fee. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. In some years, there are volunteer opportunities for middle and high schoolers.
To find more convention information about convention, go to episcopalmaine.org